The Polar Bear Habitat will be closed to the public starting April 3.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR OUR SUPPORTERS
UNIQUE FOR CONSERVATION
Highest standard of care.
UNIQUE FOR RESEARCH
Globally recognized partners.
Broadest behavioural data.
INVESTING IN CONSERVATION
The Canadian Polar Bear Habitat is currently home to Ganuk, Henry, and Inukshuk. With 24 acres of pristine, natural environment, we offer them a home as close to wild as possible.
We also recognize the importance of learning as much as we can from them to improve the welfare of all polar bears, whether wild or in human care.
INVESTING IN RESEARCH
The Habitat collaborates with climate change and polar bear researchers and institutions around the world.
The research conducted at here allows scientists to understand more about individuals in wild populations. This is essential for the long-term survival of polar bears in a changing Arctic climate.
SIGN UP FOR THE HABITAT MAILING LIST
News & Updates
- Thank you to LEX Reception The Canadian Polar Bear Habitat is committed to innovative polar bear research and conservation projects. Stay tuned in the coming months for announcements about our activities. At this time, we want to give a shout out to the team at LEX Reception for helping to support our mission to save polar bears. LEX Reception recently …
- A message for our supporters Over the past 12 months, the volunteer board of the Canadian Polar Bear Habitat Charity has worked tirelessly to transition the management of the Polar Bear Habitat facility from the Town of Cochrane to the Charity and implement a vision based on polar bear conservation, research and education. Today, we made the difficult decision to …
- Clean bill of health for the bears The bears were due for their immunizations, so we thought we’d share the process. We are happy to report that the bears are all as healthy as always. * * * As much as possible, the bears at the Habitat participate voluntarily in their own medical care. We provide regular opportunities to participate in medical …
- Saying farewell to Eddy Eddy joined us in February of 2019 as a temporary measure to allow major $7.5-million renovations to his permanent home at the Aquarium du Québec, and his upgraded space is now ready. Last week, we sent him on his journey back home. We have been working closely with Eddy for more than a year-and-a-half. We’ve gotten …
- News from the Habitat – September Published in the Cochrane Times-Post on September 17, 2020. While July and August have traditionally been the busiest time for visitors at the Habitat, this year has been anything but normal, so we weren’t sure what to expect. Overall, we have welcomed fewer visitors this summer compared to last, but there have been days that …
- Visiting the Habitat – Summer 2020 Starting Wednesday, July 1 (Canada Day), the Polar Bear Habitat will once again be open to the public. Habitat staff is thrilled to welcome you back. Here’s what you need to know: All visits must be booked in advance Not all features are opening New terms of agreement upon booking We will all have to …
- Date set for reopening The Polar Bear Habitat will reopen to guests on Wednesday, July 1 (Canada Day). The Habitat has been closed since March 14 as a public health measure in light of the effects of COVID-19. More details will be released soon, so check back for more information.
- Enriching bears’ lives Polar bears are highly specialized to their constantly changing environment. They spend months roaming the sea ice, often covering hundreds or even thousands of kilometres in the search for food. In the spring, they can do the same to find mates. With proper behavioural management practices, we can eliminate the need for polar bears living …
- Colouring fun We made some Habitat themed colouring pages for you to download and enjoy during these times of staying home. You can download them below: Simple Medium Intricate And if you’re looking for more fun Habitat things to do at home, you can also download our word search.
- Word Search fun We made a Habitat themed word search for you to download and enjoy during these times of staying home. You can download it here. Happy searching!
- Polar Bear Break : Watch And Learn Every Week Have any questions for us? Comment on facebook, send us a private message, or shoot us an email. We will feature some in upcoming videos!
- Ontario’s Polar Bear Habitat Has Live Cams Of Fluffy Bears Being Adorable With attractions, events, and other businesses shutting down across the province, Ontarians are finding new ways to explore without going outside. You may not be able to go to the Canadian Polar Bear Habitat in person, but you can still watch the bears as they explore their snowy homes. Ontario’s live polar bear cameras will …