Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Polar Bear Habitat. We are a registered not-for-profit charity dedicated to polar bear conservation. Please note that we are no longer associated with the Cochrane Polar Bear Habitat facility. All donations made to the Canadian Polar Bear Habitat support polar bear conservation through research and education. If you are interested in making a donation to the Canadian Polar Bear Habitat, please click the link below:
Please visit the Cochrane Polar Bear Habitat Facebook Page for visiting hours and opening information.
Or call: (705) 272-2327
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR OUR SUPPORTERS
SIGN UP FOR THE HABITAT MAILING LIST
News & Updates
- Thank you to LEX Reception The Canadian Polar Bear Habitat is committed to innovative polar bear research and conservation projects. Stay tuned in the coming months for announcements about our activities. At this time, we want to give a shout out to the team at LEX Reception for helping to support our mission to save polar bears. LEX Reception recently …
- A message for our supporters Over the past 12 months, the volunteer board of the Canadian Polar Bear Habitat Charity has worked tirelessly to transition the management of the Polar Bear Habitat facility from the Town of Cochrane to the Charity and implement a vision based on polar bear conservation, research and education. Today, we made the difficult decision to …
- Colouring fun We made some Habitat themed colouring pages for you to download and enjoy during these times of staying home. You can download them below: Simple Medium Intricate And if you’re looking for more fun Habitat things to do at home, you can also download our word search.
- Word Search fun We made a Habitat themed word search for you to download and enjoy during these times of staying home. You can download it here. Happy searching!
- Love is in the air? When it comes to polar bears, the answer seems to be no – it’s in the feet! Polar bears cover huge home ranges, and they generally travel alone. That means that when it comes time to find a mate, it can be pretty difficult. Most animals with similar lifestyles tend to rub their bodies over …